Lashes that is…
Every girl desires longer, thicker, darker lashes! If you take care of your own you can grow them out just like your hair but it seems like we still are never satisfied.
How to grow your own you may ask… That’s another blog…
But today let’s go over how to apply lash STRIPS. Yes, there are lash extensions… I do know that too… yet another blog, promise…xo
First of all lash strips now come in all materials and width, meaning they can be feathery in weight and appear to enhance your own natural lashes or can go as big and extreme as you dare! It’s all up to you and the mood you are feeling for the day. As lash strips are just for daily wear.
1. Remove the lashes from the box. Put the box up to your nose, this will show you which lash is your left side and which is your right. Remove only one side at a time with tweezers. ( Peeling from outer edge to inner)
2. Measure your lashes! It’s not one size fits all. Put the lash (without glue!!) up to your lash line and see how they fit. Make sure they dont go too far into the inner corner as this will poke and bother you all day/night. See where the outer corner ends in relation with your eye lid and hold this spot with your fingers. Trim this spot with cuticle scissors. Make sure you trim the outer ends of the lash not the inner or the lash will not shape properly to your lash line.
3. Applying the glue. Gingerly squeeze enough glue onto your lash strip from outer corner to inner corner. LET DRY FOR 30 SECONDS BEFORE PUTTING ON YOUR OWN LASH LINE. (Until the glue is tacky.) This is a very important step that people dont know or forget. The glue must be tacky or the lashes will be too wet and slip around, creating a big mess. AGHHH! And please DO NOT blow on the glue! If you must… wave it around in the air… otherwise , patience is a virtue…
4. Putting the lashes on. Go for the center where the bulk on the lashes are and work your way to the outer corner and back to the inner corner. Squeeze the lashes down with your tweezers into your lashes so there are no gaps in between. You can use a disposable mascara wand to “marry” the two to lift them both..
5. Viola! Your eyes are a poppin’! With a couple practices this will be easy breazzzy stuff!
#seattlebridehair #livingwithintent #dawnpadgett