Yay! We have made it out of our cocoon I call winter and are emerging with our face into the glorious sunshine… SPRING! My favorite season… everything new again, colors all around and hope for warmer days.
It is also when my bridal season starts to go from 0 to 60 at rapid speed! I have consumed every fashion magazine from here to Europe since fall and the things I have been seeing, wearing myself… and LIKING are as follows:
- GLITTERY EYELIDS Subtle but major impact! With a feathery brush, swipe on a light layer of your favorite cooper, bronze or gold tone across your lid during the day time hours! It will make your eyes pop and give you some added fun to your makeup regime.
- INVERTED EYELINER From the top outer lid corner to the bottom outer corner of your eye, make a “v” with liquid eyeliner, or your favorite colored eyeliner creating an extreme cat eye. This will make a bold statement … and release your inner kitty cat! MEOOOOWW!
- NO MAKE~UP LOOK Sheer foundation with a wash of light pink or pale peach blush followed by a hint of highlighter right above the apples of the cheeks make for a nice spring, dewy fresh look! “I woke up this way” is always a great motto to live by…
- BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL LIPS Matte lips are a thing of the past BUT saturated lips in reds, berries , bright pinks are still here to stay! Line the entire lip with one of these colors, filling in the entire lip, run a lip stain or long wear lip gloss over the lips in a matching color for a glossy, hydrating but all consuming look!
- RAINBOW LIDS Another trend to make your eyes pop in to add color! The brighter the better! When it comes to color… anything goes!
- BROWS Bold and Bushy. Still very “in” are the brows… the difference this year is the “non structure” . Full and long… not so perfect. Not so “boxy”… let your natural brow come out of her box this year! Remember brows are “sisters, not twins”
So that is what I have for this month on makeup trends I, myself have been seeing. Trends are just a blink in time and also a formula of opinion… So that being said, you can take these and play play play or disregard and come up with your own trends. That’s what’s so great about makeup, you can play and take off over and over! xoxoxo