My motto has always been ” why pay more for your wedding shoes than your wedding hair?”
And I don’t say this just because I’m a wedding stylist. People never see the brides pumps but her hair will be viewed all day and in photographs for the rest of her life… So don’t go cheap and certainly don’t try doing this yourself.
Here are some wedding styles that are very hot right now… Oh, and please don’t do anything too trendy… You may regret it later when your grandchildren ask you what you were thinking !
- Glamour waves! Great for formal or a vintage theme wedding. But also think about the neckline in the back and material of the dress. If it’s a high neck or lace, it can rough up your hair in the back making it in to a mess!
- Draped up do. This is great for casual or formal wedding. Dress it up with sparkle pins tucked in or flowers or leave plain . Not good with high collared dresses
- Long side braids. Somewhat trendy so be careful that your wedding isn’t formal . This goes with a Boho, outdoor or casual wedding. The braid needs to be ” jazzed” up… Not a ” oh I did this myself” type…
- Up do with braids in them. Any kind of bun or chignon with braid/s thrown in are hot right now. Adds a lot of drama!
- Side swept hair. Longer the better. This is timeless. Make sure the hair is placed on the side that faces the audience.
Trial runs are always a good idea (almost a MUST) and fun to do before a shower or party to get a feel of how you want you hair the day of.
Happy planning! xoxo